Adjunct Faculty: History, Political Science
|Title:||Adjunct Faculty: History, Political Science|
|Department:||College of Fine Arts & Humanities|
|Campaign Start Date:||N/A|
Brenau University is hiring in the area of History and Political Science.
- Be current and knowledgeable in the subject matter being taught.
- Be academically prepared for each class.
- Abide by the established course syllabus outcomes.
- Serve as a resource person and facilitator in the learning process.
- Provide evaluations that are appropriate, equitable, professional, and designed to improve student performance.
- Exhibit objectivity in all dealings with students and in all aspects of the learning process.
- Continually adapt teaching strategies in the implementation of the course to meet the needs of all students.
- Develop and encourage an atmosphere of openness in the classroom.
- Be familiar with the services provided by the various institutional offices such as Financial Aid, Learning Center, Student Records, Business and Finance, Student Services, Math SPA, Library, and the Writing Center so as to be able to assist and direct students when necessary.
- Support student activities on a professional level.
- Adhere to the Brenau Code of Ethics.
Department Specific Information:
- Training in Canvas is required and provided.
- In order to be eligible to teach undergraduate classes at Brenau University, candidates must possess a Master's degree and at least 18 graduate hours in the discipline being taught.
Courses are in an accelerated program taught in a 5-week format with online and/or on ground delivery. On ground classes meet in the evening once a week.
- HY201 History of the United States I
- PO101 American Government
- IS101 Current Global Issues
- LE300 Conflict Resolution
Gainesville, Augusta, North Atlanta (Norcross), South Atlanta (Fairburn), Kings Bay, Online
Training in Canvas, (our learning management system) is required.
Adjunct faculty are compensated on a per course basis dependent upon credentials:
**If enrollment is not sufficient (minimum of eight), the class may be canceled or compensation adjusted.**
- Master’s Degree (non-terminal): $600 per credit hour (i.e. $1800 per 3 credit hour course)
- Terminal Degree (Ph.D., Ed.D, M.F.A., etc.): $750 per credit hour. (i.e. $2,250 per 3 credit hour course)
- Clinical Supervisors working off campus (Hospital, School, etc.): Varies according to department and should be discussed with the Department Chair.