- Masters degree in textiles, apparel, merchandising or fashion-related field
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching and scholarship
- Evidence of professional collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Evidence of proficiency with Microsoft software and familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud products
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Terminal degree in textiles, apparel, merchandising or fashion-related field
- Experience in the retail and fashion industry and/or fashion design
- Evidence of effective and innovative teaching in traditional, online, and/or hybrid environments
- Evidence of attention to cultural diversity in teaching
- Evidence of collaboration with faculty or colleagues across academic disciplines
- Experience in curricular or course development
- Experience with retail planning and management software
- Established connections and/or strategies for developing connections with the retail industry, related professions, and communities beyond the University
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Evidence of successful grant writing
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Serve as Fashion Merchandising Program Director
- Advise students on curriculum and career decisions
- Teach undergraduate courses such as Retailing, Merchandise Buying, Apparel Development and Analysis, Merchandise Promotion and Communication and other classes related to the fashion industry and/or art and design
- Regularly review and update curriculum to reflect industry changes and standards
- Contribute to the Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising programs by networking with industry for internships, employment, and professional development opportunities for students
- Participate in interdisciplinary work and university-industry partnerships
- Participate in university service and professional organizations
Normal environment found in an educational setting. Some exposure to outdoors and varying weather conditions may be required.
Physical Demands and Aptitudes:
Some lifting objects (such as books and acrylic display fixtures) and pushing objects (such as display racks and carts) is to be expected with this position. Lifting should be limited to a maximum of 15 lbs. Job requires the ability to reach, handle, finger, feel, talk, hear and see. Significant amounts of sitting may be required.
Hours are to meet the needs of the department.
This position requires that the employee hold and continue to maintain a favorable criminal history background. This position requires a current driver’s license and use of a vehicle.