|Campaign Start Date:||N/A|
|Location:||Gainesville,GA (Main Campus)|
Brenau's Physical Therapy Department is seeking Adjunct Faculty to be based in North Georgia Medical Center for Fall semester
- 1) Coordinate with the nursing supervisor regarding the mobility assignments for the day;
2) Coordinate and directly supervise a team of six trained DPT students in the mobility assignments;
3) Supervise and instructing the student members of each team in basic clinical skills including but limited to: patient and personal safety, monitoring vital signs, recognizing signs of distress or intolerance to activity, using effective interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, transfers, ambulation;
4) Provide students immediate feedback on the floors, and formal evaluations at the semester midterm and final;
5) Handle minor conflicts or issues that may arise on the floor;
6) Communicate regularly with Brenau DPT Clinical Coordinator regarding needs, issues, and performance;
7) Notify Brenau DPT Clinical Coordinator immediately when unsatisfactory performance or behavior of the student is in question;
8) Sign the students’ clinical hours tracking log each day the student is present in his/her clinical site.
- A clinical BS, MS, DPT degree or a terminal academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DHS)
- Georgia physical therapy licensure
- Experience as a successful academic and/or clinical instructor
- Ability to function well within a collegial, collaborative work environment
- Two years of experience
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal environment found in a hospital setting. Some exposure to outdoors and varying weather conditions may be required.
8-16 hours per week. Generally Monday-Thursday from 10am-12pm and/or 1-3pm.
This position requires that the employee hold and continue to maintain a clean criminal history background.
This position requires that you hold and continue to maintain a clean criminal history background.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We Practice and Believe in Equal Opportunity for All.
Brenau University is a drug-free workplace as certified by the Georgia Workers Compensation Board.