Adjunct Faculty: Physical Science Instructor
|Title:||Adjunct Faculty: Physical Science Instructor|
|Department:||College of Health & Science|
|Campaign Start Date:||N/A|
DescriptionBrenau's College of Health & Science is seeking a Physical Science Instructor
This position is for an adjunct instructor with experience and expertise in the physical sciences and earth sciences. Ability to work topics of environmental science and sustainability into classroom instruction is a plus.
Brenau University emphasizes four components of liberal arts education: World understanding; Scientific and analytic curiosity; Artistic and creative imagination; Communication and language fluency. the emphasis on this adjunct position is on the first two categories. In addition, critical thinking skills are part of Brenau's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) and should also be taken into account when making instructional decisions.
All courses taught by adjuncts have a faculty lead instructor who is in charge of a uniform syllabus, textbook selection, and will be on hand to help. In the case of AGS courses the Canvas master shell with modules is used.
- Minimum Master's degree in Physical Science and Earth Sciences, PhD preferred.
- Experience teaching college level courses.
- Fairburn, GA
- Norcross, GA
- Augusta, GA
- Teaching courses as assigned. The courses may be in a veriety of settings: 16 weeks (Women's College); 7 weeks (evening and online courses); 5 weeks (Adult and Graduate Studies Program). Some courses are held at a classroom location, some are entirely online.
- Use the CANVAS teaching platform to support online courses, and to some extent, classroom instruction. Canvas training is available at no cost. For teaching online at Brenau, Canvas certification is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal environment found in an office and/or educational setting. Some exposure to outdoors and varying weather conditions may be required.
Physical Demands and Aptitudes:
Some lifting and or carrying objects weighing 10lbs + may be required. This position requires repetitive usage of arms, legs, eyes to include sitting to a significant degree.
Hours may be extended to meet the needs of the department.
This position requires that you hold and continue to maintain a clean criminal history background.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We Practice and Believe in Equal Opportunity for All.
Brenau University is a drug-free workplace as certified by the Georgia Workers Compensation Board.