Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
|Title:||Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy|
|Position Status:||Full-Time Faculty|
|Campaign Start Date:||10/24/2016|
|Location:||Gainesville,GA (Main Campus)|
|Job Category:||02 Professional|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PhD or EdD in health care or science; or DPT
- Expertise wanted in acute care, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, psychosocial issues, medical surgical care, exercise physiology, musculoskeletal, pain intervention, and biomechanics, legal and ethical issues in health care, interdisciplinary education in healthcare.
- Eligibility for Georgia physical therapy licensure
- Experience as a successful academic and/or clinical teacher
- Evidence of an ongoing or developing scholarly agenda
- Ability to function well within a collegial, collaborative work environment
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Clinical work within faculty practice
- Teaching and scholarship in areas of expertise across the entry-level DPT Program.
- Additional responsibilities include academic and research advising and service to the university, college and community
- Other duties as assigned
Normal environment found in an educational setting.
Physical Demands and Aptitudes:
Able to lift 25+ pounds on a regular basis and 45+ pounds maximum, periodically. Even though the weight lifted may be a small amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree, as well as pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls. Job requires the ability to reach, handle, finger, feel, talk, hear, see, squat, and kneel.
40 hours per week for full-time. Generally department hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Hours may be extended to meet the needs of the department.